Analects of Blue

24 September 2005

Blue and the Odd Sensation

Another poem by me.
Any relationship to actual events or persons is most likely intended. Sue me.

Blue and the Odd Sensation

There was a boy named Blue.
Who once thought he'd fallen in love so true.
- he'd rather have died of the avian flu -
He hadn't the faintest clue as to what he ought to do.

So he asked his mother...
Then he asked his brother...
And then he asked yet another...

But none of them could help explain
why Blue was in such awful pain.

He went to school.
He went to work.
He even often went to church.

Regardless of where he went,
irrespective of what he did,
his mind would never him appease.
He always felt ill at ease.

He yelled and screamed.
He danced and played.
He hoped and prayed
for this love, from him, to be unchained.

Then in the end,
just 'round the bend,
he sat and thought things through.
"Perhaps I'm daft. Perhaps I'm silly.
Perhaps I've never really even been all that much in love with Billy."

And so Blue went on his merry way,
laughing, skipping, all through the day,
feigning to love in the exact same way,
just as the other children play.

~ The Not-so-Tidy (and Rather Convoluted) End ~

4 Comments:

  • At 26/9/05 17:18, Blogger Robert Anthony Pierce said…

    I like this poem. It makes me glad. Untidy or not, it's best that way, right?

     
  • At 26/9/05 20:26, Blogger blueshorts said…

    I hope it's the right way, 'cause the Lord knows it hurts like hell at the time. And I'd hate to find out that I was cursing for no good reason.

     
  • At 26/9/05 22:37, Blogger Gregory said…

    Some thoughts on cursing. It does make one sound dumb, but only if it is said casually. I think that sometimes no other word or combination of words can capture the connotation and intense emotion of some curse words; granted no all of them are like that, but some are.

     
  • At 27/9/05 00:04, Blogger Jokey Smurf said…

    Yeah, I feel your pain. Just keep smiling. It's so backwards and horrible when you find yourself trying to make the joy stop and the hurting come back. But so is life, and we are destined for greater things. Thanks for your goodness. I hope I never led anyonyone to believe that I don't hurt, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home