Analects of Blue

26 April 2006

A Practice Villanelle

by blueshorts


This is only a practice poem
that someone asked me to write.
With this I'm hoping to show him

that I can create and flow them.
With this, my first villanelle is now in flight.
This is only a practice poem.

It probably lacks the frills and trim
of the more practiced poet in all his might.
With this I'm hoping to show him.

My skill with words seems pretty slim;
There's no rhyming dictionary within my sight.
This is only a practice poem.

I've racked my brains, and grilled them,
this is a difficult fight.
With this I'm hoping to show him

that I have a sense of rhythm.
Perhaps I should just fly a kite.
I need more practice before I write another poem
is probably all that this will show him.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home